Your privacy is important
Kinds of personal information we collect
We collect and hold personal information about clients and potential clients, contractors and other people who come into contact with us (you or your).
The kinds of personal information we may collect and hold may include your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, geographic location, debit or credit card details and any other information you provide to us (including when you meet with us or you use our website or services). In some cases we may also collect 'sensitive information', such as information about an individual's membership of a professional association or criminal record.
How we collect personal information
We will generally collect personal information about you directly by way of forms and other documents or information you submit to us (whether in paper or electronic form), email and other correspondence you provide to us, and telephone calls and meetings with you.
How we use personal information
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide you with our services and to tailor our services to you;
• to answer any questions or inquiries you direct to us;
• to provide you with marketing materials in relation to offers, specials, products and services we have available from time to time;
• for our internal management purposes, to manage our relationship with you to manage the payment and recovery of amounts payable to us by you or an entity related to you (as applicable);
• for other purposes which are reasonably necessary in connection with our normal functions and activities; and
• as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose personal information to the following kinds of entities (who may be located overseas) for the relevant purposes mentioned above:
• our contractors, consultants, advisers, associates and related entities (including entities who assist us in providing our services, such as hosting and data storage providers and debt collectors);
• any industry body, tribunal, court or otherwise in connection with any complaint made by you about us;
• if you have provided us with referees to assist with the assessment of a potential contract between you and us, the referees you have provided; and
• other entities with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
How we hold personal information
We may hold personal information in paper form, electronic form and/or in other mediums. While we have in place steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, we cannot guarantee that such misuse, interference, loss, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure will not occur.
Direct marketing communications
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with marketing materials in relation to offers, specials, products and services that we have available. If you would not like to receive direct marketing materials from us you may notify us using the contact details set out below.
How to obtain access to your personal information
You may request access to personal information which we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details set out below. We may require you to verify your identity and specify what personal information you are requesting. There may be occasions when access to personal information we hold about you is denied. Such occasions would include (without limitation) where release of the information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
Accuracy and completeness of personal information
We assume that any personal information provided by you is accurate and complete. You may request that we update or vary personal information that we hold about you using the contact details listed below.
How to make a complaint about a breach of your privacy rights by us
If you are of the view we have breached the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or the Australian Privacy Principles (to the extent that they are applicable to us), or any related privacy code in dealing with your personal information that applies to us, you may make a complaint by writing to us using the contact details below.
Changes to this policy
Please direct all complaints and queries in relation to your privacy or this policy to: Privacy Officer, Motus Legal Pty Limited ABN 81 602 584 234, 5 Peel Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Phone: (08) 7200 1118, e-mail address: email@example.com.